Sunday 20 March 2011

First lot of natives go in today!

Starting construction for my veggie garden

Herb garden kindly planted for me :)

Little tubestock native, hiding between the blue flower bush and the white flower bush

Three large native shrubs planted here (hard to see), but hopefully will start to screen the fence


A prickly bush for the birds to hide in, away from predators, a couple of ground covers and another large shurb.

Tiny little ground cover next to the white tag.

I'm really looking forward to taking progress photos in a month or three to see the progress of my natives. Hopefully they all survive! Great day for planting with it raining whilst planting and still raining now...

2 comments:

  1. WOW! You have been so busy already! Your home is looking amazing and it looks as if you have settled in nicely!

    Glenn has been planting natives in his garden. He planted the first lot in April last year and it's awesome to see how much they've grown in 11 months. He has planted two lots since and I took pics the day he planted them all. Good to compare with when they grow.

    Hope Neddie, Zena and Jasper have settled in nicely!

    Pip :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to see the photos of Glenn's natives. I'd be keen to see how big they have grown in 11 months... Only if it is easy for you to do.

    Kristy :)

    ReplyDelete