Friday 2 January 2015

'tis the season for baby chicks

I keep kicking the chooks off their nests as they go broody as I really don't need any more chooks or roosters, but they are persistent and keep finding new spots. I have left these last two chooks to be and hope no predators get them during the night. Also see if they last the 21 days required for the eggs to hatch.

 One of my two favourites has gone broody and sitting on eggs in the Acacia bush

 Another girl has gone broody in the junk corner

I also have four little chicks and today is the first time I decided to let them free range and hope for the best e.g. lost, drowning, escaping, predators etc. As soon as I let them out the mama chook left them on their own and they haven't ventured far from the safety of their coop all day.

 Terrified baby chickens

...but very cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment