Tuesday 3 May 2011

Roast Pumpkin Soup


I just made this divine Roast Pumpkin soup and thought I'd post the recipe so I don't forget.

1/2-3/4 butternut pumpkin diced with skin left on
1 onion quartered
3-4 cloves of garlic peeled
2 carrots chopped
turmeric
olive oil
dried mixed herbs
2 heaped tsp vegetable stock
1 cup boiling water

Roast pumpkin, onion, garlic and carrots in olive oil, turmeric and dried herbs until soft. Drain most of the olive oil off the vegetables (I keep my oil for another use). Then put vegetables into a saucepan with the vegetable stock and boiling water and boil for 5 minutes or so. Then blend everything together until smooth, then eat.

Yummo!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Kristy - Christy Spier her! Great to see your new place and all your experiments - good on you!! Lots and lots of space to work with :) a little jealous (but realistically I don't have much time for more) Will keep in touch
    Christy and for Josh, Tili and Archie (who are enjoying their new 3 year old neighbour Ziggi)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christy, so nice to hear from you, I am loving the space, but do find time can be an issue...

    Great to hear Tilli and Archie are enjoying their new neighbours :)

    ReplyDelete