Saturday, 11 June 2011

Day 2 of 5 day weekend :)

This is the green manure 4 weeks later, growing nicely, although a little patchy so I have thrown some more seed in to thicken it up a bit.

Second section of the moonscape before I started today

Another before shot

...and another before shot

This was after I had prepared the ground removing rubbish, weeds, raking trying to make it easier this time to start digging. Last time I started digging with the weeds still in the ground and it was very hard. This photo really doesn't show you the huge holes in the ground. It actually looks reasonably level but it's far from it!

Leaf litter I raked up, it looked too good to throw out, so even though it does have a little cushion fluff through it, I am going to put it in my compost bin. Actually I am going to build my compost bin around this pile...

Weeds and general rubbish raked up from this entire moonscape

Rubbish collected from moonscape since the first day I stepped into the moonscape with much trepidation and my pants tucked into my socks...

This is where I finished off today, hopefully will finish digging and trying to level the rest tomorrow

Galah feeding time last night (I was keeping a careful eye that they didn't find my freshly sown seeds)

I'm starting to get very excited that my Moonscape is starting to come together and actually resemble a normal block of land. I had no idea where to start, but I started and I am almost there...

1 comment:

  1. What another excellent effort Kristy. You have your own Burke's Backyard happening :-)