Monday 15 August 2011

I can feel spring in the air...

What an absolutely stunning weekend. I spent a lot of the weekend, basking in the sun, watching Neddie, Jasper and Zena playing in the fresh air, the birds playing (funny little willy wagtails) and soaking it all up :)

My little family

Sweet potato waiting to grow roots and sprout. I'll be pleasantly surprised if this works

Production line setup for planting of seeds

Greenhouse erected and seeds, sweet potato and comfrey put to bed

Greenhouse working beautifully just as it should

Raspberries mulched with newspaper and old straw, as weeds were starting to shoot up with all the rain we have been having

Shade cloth has been hung up to hopefully stop Neddie chasing the chickens in their run, up and down my nicely mulched raspberry cane bed. Will test next weekend before allowing the chickens to roam whilst at work.

Lucy and Hilda scratching my future potato patch for me, found the perfect spot in amongst the bricks and compost pile.

So proud of my baby asparagus shoots coming through, a couple of years and I will be able to try fresh asparagus.

Kale seedlings planted, it's the wrong time for kale, but I will see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment